Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm a big boy, right mommy!

Ever since Carter got out of his crib (which he learned to climb out of at 18 mos old) he had thought that my bed was a good place to sleep.  He would come down almost every night, and sometimes he would wake up when we put him to bed and cry.  Other times we would just put him in our bed with us to save getting woke up by him later!  Well....all of a sudden a few months ago, Carter decided that he is a big boy now.  He decided to start sleeping in his own bed!  There are occassional time when he wakes up early (5is) that he will go crawl into bed with Michael, but he hasn't come downstairs to sleep for atleast 3 mos.  Although I do enjoy not getting woke up at night by a foot in my face, it makes me a little sad.  Just one more sign that my "baby" is not a baby anymore. Every day he will do something and then look at me and say, "Mommy. I a big boy, right! Good thing is he still doesn't have to sleep alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment