Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Adventures of Lucky and Lily

 So back the end of October or beginning of Nov we got the kids a cat. We got her for several reasons. We had been talking about it for a little while but then Carter and I stopped at the Vet in Iowa Falls one day and there in the cage was one little kitten. While I was talking to the receptionist Carter was looking at the kitten. The receptionist then took the kitty out so Carter could hold her. Well it was LOVE at first hold. We put her back in the cage and were getting ready to go and she started crying. Carter ran over to the cage and she stuck her paw out to him. He looked at me with those big blue eyes so serious and and said "Mommy kitty say she want to go to our house in mommy van!" Well I called Jason thinking he would talk me out of it but......I drove home with a new kitten instead! The other reason we liked the idea though was because Michael had found a stray kitten outside our house some time before that and had gotten attached. At that time I asked some friends of ours that lived on a farm to take her and they we happy too. Michael named her Shadow and he was able to go visit her. Unfortunately one day in October my friend accidentally ran over Shadow in the driveway and she had to be put down. Michael was devastated! However, there was one person who was not so happy about the arrival of Lily in our house-our dog Lucky. For the last two months Lily has been perfectly happy living upstairs in the boys room and Lucky stays downstairs. He has never been allowed upstairs so he doesn't venture up anyway. I decided yesterday that it was about time to get the two to get along. I don't like the thought of Lily always being alone up there during the day. I snapped some picture of how things went during "friend time" today. We obviously still have some work to do!!




No comments:

Post a Comment