Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy 84th Birthday Grandpa Jack!!!!

On Saturday we went to Grundy Center to celebrate my Grandpa's 84th birthday with him.  He is such an amazing man who has always been such a steadying force in our lives.  He has been an wonderful role model, a constant source of encouragement, and a great shoulder to lean on over the years! I feel very blessed that we live close to him and are able to spend these times with him and make these memories.  I LOVE that my kids have been able to get to know him and grandma, and have a relationship with them.  As you might have guessed that is who my son Jack is named after.  So happy birthday to a wonderful man and an amazing grandfather and great-grandfather!!  Our lives are definitely richer because you have been a part of them!! If my boys grow up to be even half the man that you are, I will feel truly blessed!

(Please excuse my singing on the video as I was holding the camera!!)







And for an added bonus while we were in Grundy for my little police LOVING 4 year old, a look inside Uncle Ken's police car!  He liked the lights but wasn't to keen on the siren!  I wish I would have gotten more pictures but the camera batteries died.  When Ken first took him out there he was just standing there mesmorized by the car. He was of course most interested in the handcuffs hanging in there, but was even more interested when Ken showed him the leg chains and belly chain!


1 comment: